The video image and sound are not buffering. What can I do?
The main reason why the audio does not play smoothly for you is that you may have low bandwidth (less than 56 K) which is not enough to provide you with good audio and video performance. You are suggested to turn off your computer's sound to be able to watch the video.
Also in order to advance playback quality you may get a faster modem. DSL connection will enable you even with better quality! However the simplest way to improve video viewing is to pause the video to let it be buffered. The more it is buffered, the better it will look.
Connection speed can vary - depending on the time of day and level of traffic on your ISP's network. As network or web congestion occurs, the playback quality can degrade to the point where the video freezes, continually re-buffers and the audio breaks up.
We invest a great amount of time and money to ensure our network is fast for most users with high-speed connections.
We recommend the following for best results when watching streaming video online:
- Ensure your Internet connection is DSL or faster.
- Remove any devices or programs that might be using up bandwidth. For example: downloading, other users on your network, a VOIP phone line, etc...
- Make sure that your video & audio drivers are up to date.
- Update your computer and browser to the newest versions of the software and install all updates.
- If you are using a wireless home network - make sure it is secured so that your neighbour isn't stealing bandwidth.